Library is the powerhouse of knowledge and our library has a comprehensive collection with a vast area of 544 Sq.m, which comprises of around 20000 volumes with about 2000 titles. The library has 42 referred international journals and 50 national journals, therefore providing our students with opportunities to reap great benefits. Besides which, three English and four Telugu dailies facilitate students to stay updated.
The college library which is housed in a spacious area of 544 sq.mts. has a comprehensive collection of 2000 titles and 20000 volumes of Textbooks. It has 42 referred International Journals and 50 National Journals.
Book Bank :
Students can avail this facility by paying the requisite amount. Prescribed textbooks would be supplied to the students at the beginning of every semester and the same have to be returned at the end of the semester.
For further details contact Mr. A. Shareef, Dept. of H&S – 8019944619
Creative Educational Society, with its endeavor to provide ambience for good study culture, started two hostels separately for boys and girls. Boys hostel is located at a nearby place from the college building and the girls hostel is within the campus, just a few yards behind the main college building. It is located amidst greenery with spacious and well ventilated rooms. The ground floor of the three-storeyed building has a modern mess, study room, visitors’ room and an internet café. The hygienic dining hall can accommodate many students. A large LCD Television with DTH connection helps the students to update their knowledge on current affairs. Hostlers are provided with purified mineral water with the help of a water treatment plant located within the campus. All precautionary measures are in place towards the security of the inmates.
Spacious and well maintained canteen working in hygienic conditions is located centrally in the campus to cater to the needs of students and staff. Canteen is open from 7.30 AM to 6.00 PM on all working days. Every effort has been made at the College to provide the best facilities for students. Every student has access to a wide range of activities, facilities and support. Besides the regular hostel dining facilities, there are also affordable food services for all the students on campus that provide inexpensive and easily accessible lunchtime or evening options.
The college provides transport for students and staff members. The college buses which run from various important centres of the Kurnool city pickup students en-route to the college covering all the prominent places of the city. Bus facility is also available from Nandikotkur.
The faculty-in-charge of Transport:
Mr. E Ramanjaneyulu, Assistant Professor, Dept of Mech. Engg. -
Rules & Regulations for Buss Pass Holders
- Only the valid bus pass holders are allowed to travel in the college buses.
- All those who are traveling in the college buses should carry the valid bus pass and produce it for verification on demand.
- The bus pass is not transferable.
- In case of loss or theft of the bus pass, the student should get duplicate bus pass from the Director (Academics) through the Transport-in-charge by paying Bus pass replacement charges of Rs.100/- in the accounts section.
- If any bus pass holder is caught traveling in the bus without bus pass, has to pay a fine of Rs. 100/-.
- If any student, who is not a bus pass holder, is caught traveling in the college bus, has to pay a fine of Rs. 500/-.
- If any passenger is found involved in breaking of the glasses/tearing of the seats etc., he/she will not be allowed to travel in the college buses further, besides a suitable punishment.
- The travellers should maintain silence during their travel and should ensure cleanliness of the bus.
- If any student violates general discipline during the travel or misbehaves with a co-passenger, he/she is liable to be expelled from the bus and will not be allowed to travel in the college buses further.
- No seat is reserved for any buss pass holder and seating may be available on first come first claim basis.
To focus on the ‘physical fitness’ of the students by organizing conditioning camps, sports meets in the college and making them participate in sports competitions outside the college too.
Sports and Games are included in the regular curriculum and the students are encouraged to participate actively. Our students have excelled in various inter and intra university tournaments.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Taking a cue from this adage, Brindavan Institute of Technology & Science encourages its students to participate and excel in all other areas of recreation and entertainment for the holistic development of students. These apart, co-curricular activities are the best training ground for students to overcome stage fear, improve confidence levels, instill a sense of camaraderie, social responsibility and a share and care attitude. BITS students could make a hallmark in all these events within the short period of its existence winning several prizes in various competitions in the state.
Sports meets, inter college competitions, personality development sessions, seminars and panel discussions are events that are much awaited by students on the campus. Kousalotsav and Srujana are the annual events particularly cherished by the students.
Physical Director : B.Narayana Swamy
Watch & Word Officer : B.Hari Krishna