INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
In order to garner the full potential of the faculty as intellectuals and streamline the working environment into inculcating best practices from both academic and administrative points of view, an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was created with the following goals and functions that could as well be modified and expanded further over the years. In all possibility this cell works in tandem with the Department Heads.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of Brindavan Institute of Technology (BITS-KNL);
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
The IQAC shall have the following functions
- To prepare and apply quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Institute;
- Department Student-data bases and synchronization with central data base (vide Function 9 below).
- Maintenance of Question Banks
- Maintenance of Registers
- Use of Educational Technology Tools.
- Special efforts taken for slow learners.
- Sample class notes taken by the students.
- Innovative teaching (both laboratory & classroom) practices.
- Laboratory manuals.
- To facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education;
- Industrial visits carried out.
- Guest-lectures arranged.
- Industrial internship undergone by students.
- Project work details (title, guide, industry where project is being done).
- Project review details and marks.
- Utilization factor of classroom, laboratory and computer facilities.
- Mini project done by students.
- Quality Circle Meetings.
- Classroom and laboratory cleanliness.
- Library and utilization of wi-fi and related study facilities
- To set guidelines and facilitate the faculty to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- To arrange for effective feedback from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of BITS-KNL, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of BITS-KNL for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Continuous evaluation through internal exams
- Maintenance of Course file and Teaching diary
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in BITS-KNL; (Train the trainer programmes)